Help:Wiki University--Maintenance Templates
- MS Teams
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Recent Changes Page
- Patrolling How To Patrol
- Patrolling Common Issues
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Image Approval
Maintenance flags or templates[edit | edit source]
Maintenance flags or templates are special templates you can add to an article to show that the article has a problem you need help resolving. The flags alert an administrator that this page needs attention of some sort.
Explanations[edit | edit source]
- When placing these maintenance templates, you need to add an explanation as to what is the issue with the article that requires a maintenance template.
- The explanation is added to the template inside the curly brackets separated by a pipe shown in red as in this example:
Notice that the explanation is separated from the name of the template with a pipe.
Your explanation will now appear after the description of the template
| This page is believed to contain copyrighted material and is a candidate for deletion.
Common maintenance templates[edit | edit source]
- Here are some common maintenance flags and the wikitext you will use.
How a flag works[edit | edit source]
- When you added the template or maintenance flag (the second line of wikitext in the chart), it signaled the wiki to place your page into a category that is being checked regularly by an assigned missionary. That missionary will study the details and resolve the problem.
- These flags are especially valuable for solving problems you have no authority to fix. For example, if a page needs to be deleted, only a missionary with administrator rights can delete it.
- Be helpful and add enough details to the Talk Page that this administrator can quickly grasp the problem.
- What is causing the concern?
- Where exactly (what section) is the problem found on the page?
- What have you maybe already tried that did not work?
- There are so many flags designed to fit a variety of situations that you will never remember them all! Instead, when you come to a problem you feel unable to solve, consult this listing of maintenance templates to see if a flag fits your problem.
- If nothing seems to be an exact match, use the "I am looking for help!" flag (in the first row of the above chart).
Try these out[edit | edit source]