Help:Reverting Content to Previous Version
When you revert an article to a previous version, you are eliminating the edits of one or more contributors. It's a good idea to contact those contributors and/or give your reasons on the Talk page. Explain what you intend to do and give them a chance to respond. In the long run it is better to negotiate before hand, thus smoothing over possible hurt feelings and preventing a Revert War.
- Consider the Three-revert rule - Do not revert any page or any part of a page more than 3 times in 24 hours. Doing so may lead to action being taken against your account by an administrator.
When you are ready to revert an article to a previous version, do the following:
- Navigate to the article that you wish to revert.
- Click on its View History page.
- Choose a previous version and click on its (undo).
- The article for that date should now open in an Edit Window.
- At the bottom of the page under the Edit Window, fill in the Summary.
- Then Click on the Save page button.