Hanborough, Oxfordshire Genealogy
Guide to Hanborough, Oxfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Oxfordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Witney|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1721-1783; 1814|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and the Archdeaconry of Oxford|
|Location of Archive|
|Oxfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
HANDBOROUGH (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Witney, hundred of Wootton,county of Oxford, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Woodstock.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Hanborough parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Ancestry.com - (£)]|
|FAMR = Family Relatives - (£)|
|AC = Ancestry.com|
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|HANBOROUGH PARISH (1560) Online Church Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Oxfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 396-401. Date accessed: 08 October 2012.
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 2 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1910). Digitised by Family Relatives - (£).
- W.P.W. Phillimore, Oxfordshire Parish Registers, Volume 2 (London: Phillimore and Co., 1910). Digitised by FamilySearch Books - free.
- 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 23 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 27 September 2013.