Gunhouse, Lincolnshire Genealogy
Guide to Gunhouse, Lincolnshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Glanford Brigg|
|Registration District||Glanford Brigg|
|Parish registers: None; For records see Frodingham and also West Halton|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Pre-1834 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Stow; Post-1833 - Court of the Bishop of Lincoln (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Lincolnshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Gunhouse is another name for Gunness; refer to Gunness with Burringham, Lincolnshire St John the Baptist.
GUNHOUSE, a hamlet, in the parish of West Halton, union of Glandford-Brigg, N. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 10 miles (N. N. W.) from Glandford-Brigg. The chapel was rebuilt in 1838. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 348-360. Date accessed: 22 August 2013.