Guiltcross Poor Law Union, Norfolk Genealogy
Parishes[edit | edit source]
The union consisted of the following parishes: Banham, Norfolk, Blo Norton (Blo'Norton) Blo’norton, Norfolk , Bressingham, Norfolk, Bridgham, Norfolk, New Buckenham, Norfolk, Old Buckenham, Norfolk, Eccles, Norfolk, Fersfield, Norfolk, Garboldisham, Norfolk, Gasthorpe, Norfolk, East Harling, Norfolk, West Harling, Norfolk, Kenninghall (to Wayland Union, 1902) Kenninghall, Norfolk, North Lopham, Norfolk, South Lopham (to Thetford Union, 1902) South Lopham, Norfolk, Quidenham, Norfolk, Riddlesworth, Norfolk, Roydon (to Depwade Union, 1902) Roydon (near Diss), Norfolk , Shelfanger, Norfolk, Wilby, Norfolk, Winfarthing, Norfolk.
Records[edit | edit source]
Norfolk Record Office reference C/GP 10
Title Records of the Guiltcross Poor Law Union
Extent 41 pieces
Guiltcross Union was formed in 1835 under the terms of the 1834 Act, and the Union Workhouse was built at Kenninghall in 1836. The union was abolished in March 1902 (see PC 25/60) and its constituent parishes transferred to Depwade, Thetford and Wayland Unions.
Copies C/GP 10/2-11, 12 (part only) are available on microform.
RelatedMaterial For Local Government Board orders, inc. re setting up of Parish Council and dissolution of the Guiltcross Union, 1894-1903, see PC 25/60.