Great Coxwell, Berkshire Genealogy
Guide to Great Coxwell, Berkshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Great Coxwell, Berkshire|
|Poor Law Union||Faringdon|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1613|
|Diocese||Pre-1836 - Salisbury; Post-1835 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Berkshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
COXWELL, GREAT (St. Giles) a parish, in the union and hundred of Farringdon, county of Berks, 2 miles (S. W.) from Farringdon. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Great Coxwell, Berkshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BERK = Berkshire Parish Records (findmypast) - (£).|
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|OFHS = Oxfordshire Family History Society - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Great Coxwell, Berkshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Berkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Great Coxwell in GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 713-717. Date accessed: 27 March 2013.
- 'New Berkshire parish records published on findmypast.co.uk,', findmypast, accessed 28 January 2014.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 31 January 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Berkshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 31 January 2014.
- 'OFHS Parish Records Date Finder,', Oxfordshire Family History Society, accessed 24 January 2014.