Gooderstone, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Gooderstone, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Swaffham|
|Parish registers: 1702|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
GOODERSTONE (St. George), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Stoke-Ferry. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Also known as Goodson.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Gooderstone, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Gooderstone, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Gooderstone on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp.312-315.Date accessed: 18 March 2013
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.