Goathill, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Goathill, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Sherborne|
|Parish registers: 1699|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
GOATHILL (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Sherborne, hundred of Horethorne, E. division of Somerset, 2¼ miles (E.) from Sherborne.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
Goathill, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|Goathill, Somerset Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Goathill's early parish registers are stored at the Dorset History Centre.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Tax records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 301-312. Adapted. Date accessed: 19 December 2012.
- Dorset, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- Dorset, England, Marriages and Banns, 1813-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Partially indexed.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Somerset, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 21 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.