Glenns Ferry Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving Glenns Ferry, Hammett, and King Hill.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 800 W. Old Hwy 30 Glenns Ferry Idaho 83623 United States
- Plenty of parking.
- Use the west side entrance (on the cemetery side). Door is locked, but when sign is up, please knock and someone will come.
- Language:English and Spanish
Open Hours: Tuesday 11 am-5 pm.
- To make an appointment for another time, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center at (208)366-2239.
Closed all holidays:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These include Ancestry.com (Institution Version); Puzzilla.org (Premium Services); Create your Who Do You Think You Are? Story, for free; Fold3.com; 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive; Access Newspaper Archive; Alexander Street Press: The American Civil War, Social and Cultural History, & Women and Social Movements in the United States; Findmypast (Institution Version); Historic Map Works (Library Edition); LegacyStories; MyHeritage (Library Edition); Paper Trail; ProQuest Obituary Listings; and World Vital Records.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Computers (3) - Laser Printer (No color copies) - Scanner - Microfilm Reader - Microfiche Reader - Recorder Device available
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.