Georgia, Tax Digests - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Georgia, Tax Digests, 1787-1900
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Georgia|
|Location of Georgia|
|Record Type||Tax Records|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This record contains tax digests for the state of Georgia from 1787 to 1900 Records will be added if more become available. Counties in this publication include:
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Person's name
- Militia District No.
- Real Estate
- Personal Estate
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Georgia.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Tax digests and compilation, 1854-1877
- Index to tax digests, 1787-1899
- Internal revenue assessment lists for Georgia, 1865-1866
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- United States Internal Revenue Assessment Lists, 1862-1874
- Georgia, County Voter Registrations, 1856-1941
- Georgia Probate Records, 1742-1990
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.