Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire Genealogy
Guide to Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire|
|County||Hertfordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Bishop’s Stortford|
|Registration District||Bishop Stortford|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1829|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's Cathedral; Post-1844 - Court of the Archdeaconry of St Albans|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Furneux-Pelham, is a parish in the Bishop-Stortford district of Hertfordshire; it is on the river Ash. It is 3 1/2 miles E of West Mill railway station, and 5 1/2 miles NNW of Bishop-Stortford. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Furneux Pelham, Hertfordshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Furneux Pelham on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 January 2014.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 13 December 2013.
- 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 5 March 2014.
- 'Hertfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 12 December 2013.