Frettenham, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Frettenham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
FRETTENHAM (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 2¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Coltishall. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Frettenham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Frettenham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1558-1906||Undefined||1558-1753, 1756-1906||Undefined||1558-1812|
|NTA||1558-1900||1558-1836; 1837-1900 (Banns)||1559-1811|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Frettenham on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 263-266.18. Date accessed: 25 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Frettenham', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.