France, Haute-Vienne, Census, 1891 - Family Search Historical Records
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the French Republic|
|Location of Haute-Vienne, France|
|Location of France|
|Title in the Language:||France, Haute-Vienne, recensement de la population, 1891|
|Les Archives Départementales de la Vienne|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
A complete indexing of the population census for Haute-Vienne in the year 1891.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
For help reading these French records see the following guides:
- France Languages
- French Genealogical Word List
- French Handwriting
- Script Tutorial for French
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The census forms contain the following information:
|Designation des Quartiers, villages ou hameaux||Designation of neighborhoods, villages or hamlets|
|Designation des rues ands les chefs-lieux||Designing the streets ands the chief towns|
|Numéro par quartier, village, hameau ou rue des maisons||Number by district, village, hamlet or street houses|
|Numéro par quartier, village, hameau ou rue des ménage||Number by neighborhood, village, hamlet or household street|
|Numéro par quartier, village, hameau ou rue des individus||Number by district, village, hamlet or street of individuals|
|Noms de Famille||Family name|
|Situation dans le ménage||Situation in the household|
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's surname and first name
- Birth date or approximate age in 1891
Search the Index[edit | edit source]You will be able to search this collection when it is published.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the age to find an approximate birth year
- Search the records to identify spouse(s), children, siblings, parents, and other relatives
- Use a map to identify nearby villages and provinces
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Switch to a different record collection, such as civil registration or church records
- It is helpful to know the ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- The person may have used nicknames or different names at different times
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in France.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.