Florida, Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at St. Petersburg, Florida - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Florida, Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at St. Petersburg, Florida, 1926-1941
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|St. Petersburg, Pinellas, Florida, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1912-1959 (48 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger lists|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|Microfilm Publication||M1959. Florida, Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at St. Petersburg, Florida, 1926-1941. 3 rolls.|
|Arrangement||Chronological order by date of arrival|
|National Archives Identifier||4335265|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Ship Passenger lists of the Port of St. Petersburg provided to ther Bureau of Immigration and Naturalization Service. The passenger lists are part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and are from National Archive Microfilm Publication M1959 Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at St. Petersburg, Florida, December 1926-March 1941. The majority of the the ship departures were from Havana, Cuba.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Passenger's Name
- Marital Status
- Last residence
- Port of arrival
- Final destination in the United States
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The full name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of immigration
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Florida, passenger lists of vessels arriving at St. Petersburg, Florida, 1926-1941 M1959. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Florida.
- Searching Passenger Lists
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Beginning Research in United States Naturalization Records
- Florida Guided Research
- Florida Record Finder
- Florida Research Tips and Strategies
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Florida, Pensacola, Passenger Lists, 1900-1945.
- Florida, Key West Passenger Lists, 1898-1945.
- Florida, Knights Keys Passenger Lists, 1908-1912.
- Florida, Port Everglades Passenger Lists, 1932-1951.
- Florida, Florida, Tampa, Passenger Lists, 1898-1945.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.