Federated States of Micronesia Civil Registration
|Federated States of Micronesia Wiki Topics|
|Federated States of Micronesia Background|
|Local Research Resources|
How to Find the Records[edit | edit source]
Online Collections[edit | edit source]
- 1883-1983 - Micronesia, Civil Registration, 1883-1983 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index and images
- 1948-2009 - Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1948-2009 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection
- 1970-1986 - Micronesia, Death Records, 1970-1986 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index and images
Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration, 1800-1986[edit | edit source]
- 1800-1986 - Birth and death records from the Trust Territory Archives are on microfilm at the United States National Archives, the University of Hawaii, Manoa, Pacific Collection and the National Archives of the FSM at Palikir, Pohnpei.
Offices to Contact[edit | edit source]
The administrative offices at various levels and archives have the civil registration records, see:
Phone numbers for the State Supreme Courts are found at Birth Certificate Inquiries
Historical Background[edit | edit source]
Time period: 1898-present. Earliest year by country: Kiribati (1898), Guam (1901), Northern Mariana Islands (1945), Marshall Islands (1952), Federated States of Micronesia (1952), Palau (probably 1952), Nauru (unknown).
Coverage and Compliance[edit | edit source]
Population coverage: 40% of the population.
Information Recorded in the Records[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
References[edit | edit source]
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Micronesia,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1987-2001.