FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 March 6
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
The Wiki currently has 94,022 articles in English
Agenda[edit | edit source]
News and Events[edit | edit source]
- Virtual Chapter, UGA, Thurs, Feb 21, 7 p.m.: Finding Your Irish Ancestors by Raymon Naisbitt
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Progress reports[edit | edit source]
- Utah Record Finder done
- Cemetery Records progress: Slow. Liz has been delayed by new callings at her FSC.
- LDS Church records Utah County Salt Lake County
- Using an Excel file to find all Utah church units in the Catalog that have not been included in our Wiki files - Salt Lake County and Utah County done.
- David Dilts will do a clickable map of the Stakes in Salt Lake County of SLC
- Temple records should be addressed under "Tracing Latter-day Saint Ancestors". Maybe something should be on the county pages, since they did not all have a temple in their county.
- Pat will fix the Utah Church Records page and will refer them to the county pages for membership records
- Temple map?
- Strategies How to Find Birth Information in the United States; United States, How to Find Genealogy Records James:
- Bible records added and populated for the counties. -- James
- Pat will ask DUP
- BYU may have some Bibles
- Church History used to have a collection, they returned them to the families. They microfilmed them per Liz.
- Link to how to find Bible records and US VR page;
- Utah Bible records page - James will create
- Vital records area needs to be populated (the one before birth)
- Wilma will focus soon on Library section, then Deaths, then Marriages. Started on this in a sandbox page.
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do after we are not actively engaged. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: April 3rd
- Extinct counties need to be added to the Utah page, with links to pages for them
- Pat sent a site for Utah Place Names include extinct places. Where Utah gazetteers pages List of all towns, communities, then a picture from that place.
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.
- Marriages -- many people may have married in a Temple, and their records recorded there.