FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Sep 12
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Welcome back, James!?
News and Events[edit | edit source]
- September 20 Virtual presentation by Jason Harrison, City Directories: More than Names and Addresses. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday, 5 Sept
Today: Progress reports; Utah page; how to find birth information; Church Records.
Progress reports 10 minutes[edit | edit source]
- Recruiting questionnaire for UGA Fall Conference in Sandy next week
- Greatly simplified through a survey (Kudos to Liz and Jana!)
- So far about 117 signed up through the UGA website. Hope for a lot of walk ins. Last year it seems they had 700, but writing this just now, maybe it was 450.
- Shall we ask UGA if they will let us dangle a carrot (a UGA membership or a few passes to an evening lecture for SLIG or to one of UGA's regional conferences)? It would have to be by a drawing -- perhaps one drawing for filling in the survey, another drawing about November for people who actually helped with the Utah project.
- Patsy says probably. Wilma will send an email to the exec comm and ask.
- Birth task: Doing in two segments:
- Lois has agreed to do the birth sections before civil birth records were created. She won't be able to start until Friday
- Liz is in process with the 1898-present segment. Several counties have been posted already.
From previous meetings:
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: ongoing
- History timelines progress (Marty)
- Utah Record Finder needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
[edit | edit source]
If time permits after each area is covered, can revisit any of these topics.
Utah Page 5-10 minutes[edit | edit source]
Jana will share her screen. User:JanaStokes/Sandbox Utah
This is really something that CAN make a big difference to the Wiki overall. The Thursday group will want to be part of the discussion and brainstorming. They do not expect anything this Thursday, but we will want to keep them involved in the conversation.
How to find Birth Information pages 10 minutes[edit | edit source]
If James is here, we will discuss this.
Church Records 15 minutes[edit | edit source]
Summary of minutes:
Ideas we won't forget[edit | edit source]
- Tip Bank