FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 July 25
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events[edit | edit source]
Next meetings: BYU next week -- cancel our meeting? Aug 8, Wilma gone.
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Wednesday, 18 July This was a breakthrough meeting
Progress reports[edit | edit source]
- Joy is making the changes suggested last week for neighboring counties maps. Will do 4 or 5 for approval before doing the rest.
- If it's going to discourage someone, let's not worry about minor changes.
- Liz is going through the State Archives site to add pertinent links and info to each county.
- Jana did the badge, but Wilma messed it up trying to make it an internal, rather than an external link.
- James did some heavy work on How to Find Birth Information in the United States.
[edit | edit source]
Vital records (BMD, Div)[edit | edit source]
Birth area Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
Summary of minutes: Most were changes suggested. Many made right at the time in Births area. For James' article, comments were written by Jana and inserted on the talk page of the article
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Get citation for statement in 1905 the state required copies to be sent to them. - Wilma
- Documentation for 100 years - Wilma
- Start templates and task page for Births - Wilma
- Start on the State Archives project - Liz
- Learn to make our own "badge" and other templates that allow adaptation - Wilma and Jana?
- Move forward on Marriage and Death
Future meetings[edit | edit source]
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank