FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Jan 17
- Enter the meeting ID: 6804 and click Attend Meeting
- Sign in as a Guest
- Select the desired "Connect Me" options, enter your phone number, and MeetingPlace will call you.
- Click the Connect button
- Once you answer, press 1 to join the meeting
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. Otherwise, you get a message that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Meetings will be recorded. Nice if you were unable to attend "live".
- First time? Before the meeting, run the MeetingPlace Test to be sure you can participate on your phone and computer.
Make a difference!
The Wiki currently has 95,682 articles in English
Agenda[edit | edit source]
Anyone new to this meeting?
... everyone attending this meeting. "We are smarter than me." Together, we'll share ideas that will make the Utah pages more interesting and useful on the FamilySearch Wiki.
News and Events[edit | edit source]
- UGA Virtual Meeting, Thursday, Jan 19th at 7:00 p.m. This week is FamilySearch Wiki: Exploring Its Treasures with Wilma Adkins
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, Jan 23-27. This meeting is cancelled for that week and will resume on Wednesday, Feb 1 a 9:00 a.m.
Review of last meeting[edit | edit source]
- Utah Wiki project overall objectives.
In last meeting, someone suggested that the Catalog to Allen County Public Library should also be linked to the county pages.
- We need a volunteer to check out their catalog, so it can be linked from each county (and preferrably also from each topic within the county).
- Liz Snow volunteered
- Once that is done, Wilma can create instructions so links can be put in each county/topic.
[edit | edit source]
- Look at the County experimental page
- Using "templates" for repeated content in counties
Future meetings[edit | edit source]
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. (rather than Tuesdays).
- No meeting during Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, Jan 23-27.
Agendas will include:
- Accomplishments and progress
- Updates and follow up
- Idea share: Add your ideas of what can make the Utah pages interesting and helpful to users of all skill levels.
- Training requests
- News and events