FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Nevada Boundary Changes
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding information to the about boundary changes on the county page
Task List[edit | edit source]
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Step 1: Adding Boundary Changes[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Boundary Changes heading under the History heading on the page and copy and paste the following Wikitext and add it below the Parent County and County seat bullets on the page:
Be sure to check and see if one of them is already listed under the Boundary Heading. If it is, delete one of them:
*[http://www.mapofus.org/nevada/ Interactive Formation Boundary Map of Nevada] - shows boundary changes for Nevada Counties
*[http://publications.newberry.org/ahcbp/documents/NV_Individual_County_Chronologies.htm#Individual_County_Chronologies Nevada Historical Boundary Changes] - list of all boundary changes by county provided by [https://www.newberry.org/ Newberry Library]<br>
2. Once you have added the wikitext, preview the page by clicking on, Show Preview at the bottom of the page. Check your work to make sure it looks like it should. Make any necessary adjustments.
3. Go to the bottom of the page and enter "added boundary changes" in the edit summary box and save the page.
4. You are now done with the task. Go to the next County on your list.
Example[edit | edit source]
Boundary Changes[edit | edit source]
- Parent County: Churchill County was created 25 November 1861 as an original county. 
- County Seat: Fallon
- Interactive Formation Boundary Map of Nevada - shows boundary changes for Nevada Counties
- Nevada Historical Boundary Changes - list of all boundary changes by county provided by Newberry Library
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).