FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Adding Mississippi Repositories to Counties, Part 1
Project Leader[edit | edit source]
Task List[edit | edit source]
Purpose[edit | edit source]
Adding the Freedmen's Bureau Marriage Records to county pages
Examples[edit | edit source]
Project Instructions[edit | edit source]
Part 1: Choose Your County[edit | edit source]
1. Select your county by going to the task list and adding your name to the name column.
2. Click the county page link on the task list.
Part 2: Add the Links[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the "Ethnic, Political and Religious Groups" heading and the "African Americans" subheading.
2. If there is no "African Americans" heading. You will need to add it. Check for any African American collections. The subheading needs to go above those collections. If there are no African American collections, place the subheading below the Ethnic Groups intro template. Use the code below to add the subheading.
'''''African Americans '''''<br>
3. Check to see if the link is already there. See example below. If it is there, go back to part 1. If it is not there, go to step 3.
- The Freedmen's Bureau Marriage Records at Mississippi Department of Archives and History - index and transcription
4. Copy the code below. Place the link on the page at the bottom of the links in the marriage section.
*[http://opac2.mdah.state.ms.us/freemar.php?referer=http://zed.mdah.state.ms.us The Freedmen's Bureau Marriage Records] at Mississippi Department of Archives and History - index and transcription
Part 3: Check Your Work and Save[edit | edit source]
1. Click "show preview" and double-check your work.
2. In the summary type "added marriage collection".
3. Click save.