FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 23 March 2010
Join the meeting, the ID is 0351
Agenda[edit | edit source]
News[edit | edit source]
News items can now be found on the Research Wiki News page in the Wiki.
Recognition[edit | edit source]
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos goes to ...Steve for his work with the FamilySearch Record Search template.
- Kudos goes to ...Thomas for his assistance and "instant" support via Skype, reviewing articles real-time, and providing suggestions with incorporating templates that are improving article quality.
Discussion Items[edit | edit source]
From the Community[edit | edit source]
- A community member asked me about a Skype extension. I have one and have been testing it on my Wiki and it works great. Do others wish to have such an extension? If so, I can see about getting it installed some time in the future (depending on the priority). Thomas_Lerman 17:53, 23 March 2010 (UTC) P.S. Other Instant Messenger type of things may be used, but it seems Skype may be the one of choice here. If anyone wants to see it in action, let me know.
- The US state portal to un-portal pages should be done before the NGS conference the end of April. The only sticky one is Georgia. If there are other portal pages that are considered a priority before then let me know and I'll focus on them next. Laralee 18:03, 23 March 2010 (UTC)
'Trick for making internal links in articles to avoid hittilg old but not yet deleted portal pages. Create internal article link to the page that does not have 'portal:' in the code. How this works in practical use, the first one has the 'portal:' tag,mtoca; the other one is to the unportal equivalent.
New York New York, United States Genealogy portal:New York has the delete flag on it. Maryland Maryland, United States Genealogy portal:Maryland has been converted and the portal:Maryland version has likely been deleted already.
Links without 'portal:' should still work after the portal has been deleted and should go by default to the unportal. Links to unportal pages that have yet to be created will lead to the portal with a redirect notice below the article title. This should help us get the remainders, and also avoid large numbers of possible red links, which would make it look like no article existed although there is one.
- Sunday evening meetings have moved to Thursday. They will be on MeetingPlace instead of Skype.
- Do we want to get together during NGS?
From FamilySearch Staff[edit | edit source]
- Recommendations for the home page redesign have been submitted to engineering. This design will be temporary until we have a new skin.