FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 8 Jan 2015
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 95,318 articles in English
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Kudos go to
- 3 Business/Announcements
- 4 Agenda items
- 5 Discussions and Proposals Follow-up
- 6 News to be publicized
- 7 Meeting Notes/Minutes
Welcome[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Several have "reupped" or extended their time of service. Charles, Linda, Bob Heder, Rick Long
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
Agenda items[edit | edit source]
Guest Speaker[edit | edit source]
- this week
Summary of Yammer[edit | edit source]
FS Wiki Contributors group.
- Trick of the trade (an alternative when creating image maps) posted by Jim Landucci
- Are you tired of going back and forth between the page you are editing and the image map template just to adjust the image size?
- Do you want to avoid making multiple copies of the same template in order to use the same image map on different pages with different image sizes?
- If so, check out the new “Trick of the Trade” on the help article for Image map creation.
- Lately the wiki links often go to the FamilySearch main page. This is wasting a lot of time and energy. Can the problem be fixed?
- It is not fixed yet. Seems to happen when not logged in and they think it is happening with the Google browser (Chrome) Giuseppe has contacted warren of the support team
- Since many users are not logged in, they will be sidetracked away from the Wiki. this is a BIG concern
Moderators and Adopters[edit | edit source]
- Lise: non-conferencing meeting with others at RootsTech for a brainstorm, content review, interaction in person. For Wednesday of the RootsTech. Danielle is arranging for a room. Bring your laptop.
- LaVera and Jane are working really hard to clean up the moderator list. Kudos. She inherited a mess and is working through it.
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Prep for updating counties in a state:
- Create county pattern - mostly completed
- Create Excel program to keep manual efforts to a bare minimum (Wilma)
- FYI: it will also create a stats page for the state to see which topics and counties are strong/weak
- Create Intro templates that will be posted (automatically) on county pages. Wilma is creating a project page for this, so:
- Naming pattern is consistent
- There is a blank intro for each county topic
- Format of blank ones is consistent
- Clickable maps of neighboring counties should be done for a state before updating its counties to new format
Wiki Support[edit | edit source]
Governance Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Governance Council
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
- Items to pose to Community Council
Discussions and Proposals Follow-up[edit | edit source]
|FamilySearch Wiki - Contributor's Meeting|
|Insert most recent at the top of list
News to be publicized[edit | edit source]
| News to be publicized (on the "Community News" page)|
Insert most recent at the top of list
access Community News
|(New, Review, Final, Rejected, or Posted)|
Meeting Notes/Minutes[edit | edit source]
- please post below this header