FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 19 September 2013
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 0000), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Welcome [edit | edit source]
Welcoome to Myra and Linda who are the newest Wiki Support Team members
Kudos go to[edit | edit source]
Steve, Lise, and Lee for following up on items discussed the previous meetings
Things contributors do on the Wiki
[edit | edit source]
(for the benefit of those new)
- Add resources to the locality or topic that you have knowledge about
- Join a project that is already established: List of projects by categories https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Category:WikiProjects and Projects looking for contributors: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:WikiProjects_Seeking_Contributors
- Help Wanted pages: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Help_wanted_on_the_Wiki
- Learn about resources in the area where you live
- Put categories on pages
- Maintenance tasks: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Maintenance/General_Cleanup
- Wanted Pages: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Special:WantedPages
- FamilySearch Wiki things you can do: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Things_you_can_do (We need to expound a little on the list of items on this page so people know what they are. Myra will play around with this).
Moderators and Adopters
[edit | edit source]
Conversation in the call:[edit | edit source]
Wiki Content[edit | edit source]
Updates and follow up[edit | edit source]
- Lise - Working on how directors can use the Wiki. Use redirect on flyers. See Wiki article on redirects: https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Help:Redirects
- Is there a way to assign all the conference articles into a master category that contains all Syllabi content? ( a hierarchy within categories). This needs to be done manually (Syllabi from conferences). Pass on to Support Team.
- References like currently would preferrably be better if phrased "as of a certain date." This should be added to style guide. Take to Community Council. Add instruction for maintenance to look for phrases such as today. now, new.
Priority Items[edit | edit source]
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Yesterday the Community Council discussed and agreed that a new guideline for Syllabuses would be a welcome addition to the Research Wiki. One has since been added -- FamilySearch Wiki:Syllabuses. --Steve 13:10, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
New Agenda Items[edit | edit source]