FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 January 2013
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 0000), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2013), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting you wish to review.
Introduce new members[edit | edit source]
Kudos go to ... [edit | edit source]
Jane Colmenares for all the time and effort she has put into the Wiki, especially as part of the support team
Updates and follow up[edit | edit source]
- Wiki Projects that are inactive - a page has been created that will hold completed, inactive, etc. projects. FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking Contributors/Inactive. As far as I can determine, I've moved projects that fit that criteria into the new page. Steve Cottrell has created a new template that can be put on pages on that list. Alabama is an example. averyld
- Goals: Evaluate 2012 and give ideas for goals for 2013 Lynda.
- Moderators – let’s talk about adding a Things to Do page to their responsibilities
- Reference Review Moderator Talk
- If there's an on-going project for a locality, it wouldn't work to have the moderator do this, unless that moderator is appointed as head of the project.
- How do Adopt a page people? Do we involve them? - Adopters could develop a project for their topics also. Are moderators working with Adopters, societies?
Community Council Report[edit | edit source]
Business/Announcements[edit | edit source]
New Agenda Items[edit | edit source]
- FS Google Groups has spam and there's no way to control it, so as a Forums replacement, this could be a problem
- Forums replacements are still being tested
- Survey on Wiki is not working
- Copyright - use of Non-commercial licensing (to prevent someone from using images, etc. from the Wiki for commerical use, in a book for example). Is there a concern?
- Non-conferencing sessions at Rootstech - ideas
- Schedule a breakfast - talk to Linda Gulbransen or Dianne Loosli (David Dilts)
- What is FamilySearch planning? (ask Art Johnson - Lynda)
- Pass along cards?