Essex Archives and Libraries
|Essex Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- 1 Record Offices
- 2 Archives
- 3 Libraries
- 4 Museums
Record Offices[edit | edit source]
Essex Record Office[edit | edit source]
- This is the online catalogue for the Essex Record Office. Here you can find a description of every document we look after. You can also see how each item fits into the collection.
- The Essex Record Office holds many thousands of documents, maps, photographs, sound recordings and videos. Most of these have not been digitised. To see these you will have to visit the Essex Record Office in person, or apply for a search, or ask for a copy of a document to be sent to you.
Archives[edit | edit source]
Barking and Dagenham Archives and Local Studies Centre[edit | edit source]
Barking and Dagenham Archives and Local Studies Centre
Dagenham, London RM8 3HT UK
Telephone: 020 8227 2033
Website: Archives and Local Studies Centre
- Visit the Archives and Local Studies Centre at Valence House and delve into our wonderful collection of maps, manuscripts, photographs, local newspapers, books, CD-Roms, and much more.
Havering Local Studies Library[edit | edit source]
- If you are interested in Havering's history, want to start tracing your family history, find an old newspaper report, information about your house or street in the past, a photograph or other illustrations of Havering's buildings and historial events we may be able to help you.
Newham Archives and Local Studies Library[edit | edit source]
Newham Archives and Local Studies Library
Stratford Library (First floor)
3 The Grove
Stratford, London E15 1EL UK
Telephone: 020 3373 6881
Website: Newham Archives and Local Studies Library
- We have a range of facilities, resources and museum collections at our Archives and Local Studies Library that can help you to find out about the history of the borough and its people.
Redbridge Archives and History[edit | edit source]
- The Heritage Service is on the second floor in Redbridge Central library. It is free to use and offers a diverse range of local and family history resources. Many of these general resources including books, historic newspapers and online resources are available during normal Library opening times.
Waltham Forest Archives and Local Studies Library[edit | edit source]
Waltham Forest Archives and Local Studies Library
Vestry House Museum
Walthamstow, London E17 9NH UK<brTelephone: 020 8496 4381
Website: Waltham Forest Archives and Local Studies Library
- The Waltham Forest archives and local studies library are based at Vestry House Museum. We can help you if you are interested in researching your family history, the history of your house or street, the development of the local area and local communities, or subjects for a school project or for academic research.
Libraries[edit | edit source]
Albert Sloman Library - Special Collections[edit | edit source]
Museums[edit | edit source]
Chelmsford Museums[edit | edit source]
Chelmsford, Essex CM2 9AQ UK
Telephone: 1245 605700
Website: Chelmsford Museums
- Chelmsford Museums consists of Chelmsford Museum, the Essex Regimental Museum, and the industrial and science collections at Sandford Mill.
For a long list of Essex museums, go to List of museums in Essex in Wikipedia.