Escalante, Chubut, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Escalante ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- In 1898 several families of Welsh origin, residents of the Chubut valley, moved to the recently founded Colonia de Pastoril Sarmiento, where Argentine residents already resided.
- In 1901 the port city was founded, giving it the name of Comodoro Rivadavia.
- In 1902 the landing of the first South African settlers occurred.
- The department of Escalante has a population of approximately 187,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for the department of Escalante.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Argentina National Census, 1895 - in MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Oeste
- Crematorio SCPL
- Cementerio de Escalante en ruinas
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
- Comodoro Rivadavia
- Rada Tilly
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Escalante," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Escalante. Visited October 28, 2017.