England, Lancashire, Rusholme Road Cemetery - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
England, Lancashire, Rusholme Road Cemetery 1821-1933
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of England|
|Flag of Lancashire|
|Location of Lancashire, England|
|Location of England|
|Manchester Central Library|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This cemetery is located in Chorlton Upon Medlock in Greater Manchester. This collection contains monumental inscriptions for the years 1821-1933; burial registers, May 1837-1933; graves registers, 1821-1933. Cemetery records are kept as a permanent record of who was buried and usually who purchased the burial plot. The information in these records is usually reliable, but depends upon the reliability of the informant.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of deceased
- Age of deceased
- Date and place where death occurred
- Date and place of burial
- Grave number
- Plot owner's name
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of birth or death
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
- If an age is given, estimate a birth year to search for a birth record
- Search for a civil death record
- If a spouse or other family member is identified, look for the family in prior censuses
- Based on his age and date of burial, you may be able to estimate a marriage date and look for marriage records
- Continue to search the index for people with the same surname to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Remember that spelling was generally not standardized until the early part of the 20th century
- Search the records of nearby locations
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Lancashire.
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.