Egloskerry, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to Egloskerry, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St Petrock Egloskerry contributor Derek Harper
|Poor Law Union||Launceston|
|Parish registers: 1573|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1610|
|Rural Deanery||Trigg Major|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
EGLOSKERRY (St. Corantinus), a parish, in the union of Launceston, N division of the hundred of East, E division of Cornwall, 3¾ miles WNW from Launceston. There is a place of worship at Tregeare for Wesleyans.
Egloskerry (Cornish: Egloskeri) is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall.The 15th century church of St. Keri and St. Petroc has an original Norman wall and transept.
The modern parish is part of Egloskerry, North Petherwin, Tremaine and Tresmere, United Benefice in the Diocese of Truro.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Egloskerry parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Egloskerry Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||1573-1874||1573-1837, 1871-1880||1573-1902|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 53
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks[edit | edit source]
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
Egloskerry in GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 150-154 Date accessed: 13 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 25 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.