Eastchester, Westchester County, New York Genealogy
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- 1834–1895 East Chester Methodist Episcopal Church FHL Film 982409 Item 6 Microreproduction of original typescript. Baptisms, 1834-1895, marriages, 1853-1894: and a list of members, 1863. Copied by Mary Boyce Spell.
- 1826–1909 St. Paul's Church FHL Film 1294887 Item 10(first of 2 films Contents : v.1. Register of proceedings, 1787-1834. -- v.2. Church records including receipt book, 1787-1807, deacon's book, 1826-1841, and sexton's books, 1842-1851 -- v.3. pt.1-3. Burial records, 1826-1909. Until the later part of the 19th century, the town of Eastchester covered an area that included part of the Bronx and all of the city of Mt. Vernon. This is a transcription by the Eastchester Historical Society.
- Spies, Francis F. St. Paul's Church, Eastchester N.Y.: Situated Near South Columbus Avenue and South Third Avenue, Mount Vernon, N.Y.: Gravestone Inscriptions, With Genealogical Notes. Mount Vernon, N.Y.: F.F. Spies, 1931. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
Repositories[edit | edit source]
Archives, Libraries and Museums[edit | edit source]
Societies[edit | edit source]
Town Clerk[edit | edit source]
Town Historian[edit | edit source]
40 Mill Road
Eastchester, NY 10709
Town Records[edit | edit source]
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Eastchester, Westchester County, New York Genealogy check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). Archive.org; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
Vital Records[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Town of Eastchester New York at http://www.eastchester.org/departments/town_clerk/index.html (accessed 13 December 2011).
- Elizabeth Petty Bentley, County Courthouse Book, 3rd ed. (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Pub., 2009), 495. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D24bena 2009.
Places[edit | edit source]