East Carleton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to East Carleton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|East Carleton, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Henstead|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
CARLTON (East), a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; on the Norfolk railway, near Hethersett station, 4½ miles E of Wymondham. There were formerly two parishes,St. Mary and St. Peter.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
East Carleton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|East Carleton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- East Carleton on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 22 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.