Dunchurch, Warwickshire Genealogy
|County||Warwickshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Rugby|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Dunchurch, is a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Rugby district, Warwickshire. The village ;is on the eastern verge of the county, near Dunsmoor, and near the Rugby and Warwick railway, it is 3¼ miles SSW of Rugby; the post office is under Rugby. The parish includes the hamlets of Toft and Cawston, and the township of Thurlaston.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Dunchurch, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Dunchurch, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
School records[edit | edit source]
- Logbooks for the boys school 1881-1944
- Logbooks for the girls school 1872-1924
- Logbooks for the infants school 1899-1908
- Admission Registers for the boys school 1851-1883
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72). Adapted. Accessed November 19, 2013.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 26 August 2014.