Diocese of Gloucester
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Diocese of Gloucester|
|Bishops Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
History[edit | edit source]
Founded in 1541 from part of the Diocese of Hereford and the Diocese of Worcester. The diocese covers Gloucestershire and included Bristol in the first year of is creation and again from 1836 to 1897.
Archdeaconries and deaneries[edit | edit source]
- the Archdeaconry of Cheltenham
- comprises the Deaneries of Cheltenham, Cirencester, Fairford North Cotswold & Tewkesbury and Winchcombe
- the Archdeaconry of Gloucester
- comprises the Deaneries of Forest South, Gloucester City, Severn Vale, Stroud and Wotton.