Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine Genealogy
(T2 R2 WBKP), also known as Number 2 R2 Plantation, and also known as Getchell Plantation, is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations formed from:
but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859, and it was split into four parts. By 1860 Number 2 R2 was known as Getchell Plantation, and by 1870 the same land was being called Dallas Plantation again. In 1884 and 1895 the Dallas Plantation organization was reaffirmed for T2 R2 WBKP land. 
References[edit | edit source]
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 26 September 2013).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Dallas Plantation, Maine," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Plantation,_Maine (accessed 4 March 2019).
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Coplin Plantation | Madrid Township | Rangeley | Rangeley Plantation | Sandy River Plantation | Township 1 R2 WBKP (Redington Twp) | Township 2 R3 WBKP (Lang Twp) | Township 3 R3 WBKP (Davis Twp)