Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Ketton with Tixover
Step by Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed or Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
The Family History Library has Index to the wills and administrations proved and granted in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1660-1750 : and in the Peculiars of St. Margaret, Leicester, and Rothley ; and the Rutland Peculiars of Caldecott, Ketton and Tixover, and Liddington prior to 1821. Films can be viewed in the library or in a family history center.
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Locations[edit | edit source]
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
The Family History Library has the Wills and administrations, 1666-1677 (12 documents). The following records are listed in the library's catalog for Caldecote but the films include Ketton with Tixover.
- Will abstracts, 1580-1821
- Wills, administrations and inventiories, ca. 1720-1840
- Probate records, 1574-1820
Jurisdiction[edit | edit source]
Includes the parishes Tixover and Ketton with the Geeston.