Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Evington (Commissary Court)
Step by Step[edit | edit source]
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will, writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court. Also see "Family History Library Records."
3. Contact or visit The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland or hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library, or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the ;original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Indexes[edit | edit source]
Online Indexes[edit | edit source]
Printed and Published Indexes[edit | edit source]
Calendars of wills and administrations relating to the county of Leicester, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Leicester, 1495-1649 : and in the peculiars of St. Margaret Leicester, Rothley, Groby, Evington, and the unproved will, etc., previous to 1801 here[low quality link]
Records[edit | edit source]
Archive Location[edit | edit source]
Leicester Record Office
Microreproduction of original records housed in the Leicester Record Office
The Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Address: Long Street, Wigston Magna, Leicester, LE18 2AH Telephone: 0116 257 1080. Email: email@example.com 
Archive Records[edit | edit source]
Family History Library [edit | edit source]
Commissary Court of the Manor of Evington
- Probate records, 1581-1857 
- Probate records, ca. 1581-1857 
- Will abstracts, 1581-1800 
- Evington probate inventories, 1557-1819 
Jurisdiction[edit | edit source]
This court has jurisdiction over the parish of Evington.