County Wexford Societies
|County Wexford Wiki Topics|
|County Wexford Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Society[edit | edit source]
Old Kilnenor Historical Society
May Byrne Trust House
Telephone: 085 7753 772
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
Website #2: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
Future website: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
- One of the aims of the Society is to encompass the North Wexford and South Wicklow areas as no one location can tell the full story of our rich local history.
Wexford Societies[edit | edit source]
Bannow Historical Society (Cumann Seanchais Bhanu)
Tir Na Nog
Telephone: 051 561694/086 8469131
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email #3: email@example.com
Website: Bannow Historical Society
Website #2: Bannow Historical Society
- The main aim of Bannow Historical Society is to whet the history appetites of our readers, budding historians, and the curious. Bannow Parish is steeped in history and we should feel very proud and protective of that fact and also of our unique heritage. It is vital that that history and heritage is passed on to the next generation and indeed to all future generations..
North Wexford Historical Society
Gorey Civic Sq
Telephone: 087 336 9897
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: North Wexford Historical Society
Website #2: North Wexford Historical Society
- The Society works very hard to make sure that the interests of all members are catered for by providing monthly lectures on topics of local and national historical interest and regular tours to areas of historical interest.
- The principal aim of The Taghmon Historical Society is to promote, research, encourage, and make known the public study of aspects of Taghmon's long and interesting history by publishing a historical journal at regular intervals.
Ui Cinsealaigh Historical Society
Murphy Floods Hotel
Telephone: 053 9375577/086 1688295
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Ui Cinsealaigh Historical Society
- The main objects of the Society are to develop interest in the local and general history of the Diocese of Ferns, and to collect the ancient traditions connected therewith; to compile and publish parish histories and handbooks to places of historic interest; to promote the study of local history in the schools; to establish a diocesan library and a repository for manuscripts and objects of historic interest; to secure the preservation of old churches, ancient graveyards, holy wells, castles, pagan remains, etc.; and to foster devotion to the Saints of Ireland.
- The WHS (formerly known as the Old Wexford Society) was established by a small group of enthusiasts in 1944 to research, record, and promote the history, archaeology, and heritage of the town and county of Wexford.