County Limerick Societies
|County Limerick Wiki Topics|
|County Limerick Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Regional Societies[edit | edit source]
Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
Mary Immaculate College
South Circular Rd
Email #2: email@example.com
Email #3: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
Website #2: Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society
- The Thomond Archaeological and Historical Society, while based in Limerick city, covers the Mid-West region. As our name suggests we exist to promote an interest in history, archaeology, and related subjects. The Archaeological and Historical Society serves the North Munster region [Limerick city and county, Clare, and North Tipperary].
Limerick Societies[edit | edit source]
Adare & District Historical Society
Adare Heritage Centre
Website: Adare & District Historical Society
Bruff Heritage Group
Thomas Fitzgerald Centre Bruff
Fairgreen, Lower Fairhill
Telephone: 085 2358642
Website: Bruff Heritage Group
- Bruff Heritage Group was formed in 2008 by a group of people who share a common interest in preserving and promoting the heritage of our locality.
Castleconnell Historical Society
Telephone: 086 878 5170
Website: Castleconnell Historical Society
Website #2: Castleconnell Historical Society
- The Castleconnell Historical Society is a voluntary group of individuals who are interested in preserving and promoting the history of Castleconnell and its environs. The mission of the Society to engage with our community in preserving and presenting local history.
- The Facebook page dedicated to publishing items and articles of historical and social interest from Donoughmore, Knockea, and Roxboro Parish and the surrounding areas.
Dún Bleisce Historical and Literary Society
Limerick Diocesan Pastoral Centre
Diocesan Centre St. Munchin's
Website: Dún Bleisce Historical and Literary Society
- Glin Historical Society, founded in 1997, has as its objectives, the collection, recording, study, and preservation of the history and antiquities of Glin.
Kilfinane Coshlea Historical Society
Telephone: 087 9791400
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Kilfinane Coshlea Historical Society
Website #2: Kilfinane Coshlea Historical Society
Website #3: Kilfinane Coshlea Historical Society
- We are a voluntary organisation founded in 1999 with the aim of researching and collecting the local and family history of the area. The Kilfinane/Coshlea historical society was formed with the aim of researching and collecting local and family history within the barony of Coshlea. We are building an archive of material about our local people and places, and welcome any information you may have that relates to the Kilfinane area.
Knockainey Historical & Conservation Society
St. John’s Church
Telephone: 086 341 2828
Website: Knockainey Historical & Conservation Society
- Knockainey Historical & Conservation Society (‘KH&CS’) was founded in 2003 and is a voluntary charitable organization dedicated to the preservation of St. John’s church as a community cultural centre. KH&CS is also responsible for the upkeep of the surrounding graveyard as well as the adjoining Sexton’s House.
Knockfierna Heritage Society
The Rambling House Knockfierna
Ballyroe East, Ballingarry V94DFKO
Telephone: 087 6990816
Website: Knockfierna Heritage Society
Website #2: Knockfierna Heritage Society
Limerick Historical Society
Room 203 Mary Immaculate College
Telephone: 061 228071
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Limerick Historical Society
- Limerick Historical Society was established in 2013 to promote local history in both the city and county of Limerick. The society caters mainly for the interests of amateur historians and to represent their views.
Lough Gur Historical Society
Lough Gur Heritage Centre
Lough Gur, Bruff VD35ED96
Telephone: 061 385186/061 385386/061 399847
Email #2: email@example.com
Email #3: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Lough Gur Historical Society
Website #2: Lough Gur & District Historical Society
- The Society has a number of key objectives such as to gather and recording historical information, arranging lectures and field trips, and publication of historical journals. The collection and preservation of local to national history continues to be a primary objective.
Mungret Heritage Society
Dromdarrig, Mungret Woods
Telephone: 086 4042302/087 0529121
Email #2: mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org]
Website: Mungret Heritage Society
Website #2: Mungret Heritage Society
- Since 2001, Mungret Heritage Society has been conserving, promoting, and presenting the rich heritage of Mungret in all its forms.
Murroe Boher Historical Society
Muintir Na Tíre Hall
Telephone: 086 3642673/086 8342734
Website: Murroe Boher Historical Society
Rathkeale Local History Society
Rathkeale Community Arts Centre
Website: Rathkeale Local History Society
- The Shanid Historical Society Shanagolden was established in 2010 to bring together people in the community to socially interact who had a common interest in Local Oral History and to research and record local history to collect memorabilia.