County Carlow Archives and Libraries
|County Carlow Wiki Topics|
|County Carlow Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
For a list of archives and libraries on the national level, go to the Ireland Archives and Libraries page.
Archives[edit | edit source]
British Newspaper Archive (County Carlow)
Website: British Newspaper Archive (County Carlow)
- The main functions of Carlow County Archives are to collect archival documents relating to County Carlow and to make them available to the public for research.
County Carlow Genealogy Archives
Website: County Carlow Genealogy Archives
- This website is dedicated to all Carlovian's at home and around the world for without their generous contributions that they have all made to this website, it would not have become one of the largest Irish County websites that it is today. The aim is to bring to life various elements of the Carlow communities by way of its people, heritage, culture, and arts and to acknowledge those who have contributed to its history both past and present.
The Irish Archives (County Carlow)
Website: The Irish Archives (County Carlow)
Libraries[edit | edit source]
Museums[edit | edit source]
- The role of Carlow County Museum is to to collect, preserve, conserve, document, and display the history and material culture of the county. County Museums are significant in that they are a home for a county’s many historic treasures and they become centres for research, education, as well as maintaining high standards of collections care.
St Mullins Heritage Centre
Telephone: 059 8650 503
Website: St Mullins Heritage Centre
Website #2: St Mullins Heritage Centre
Website #3: St Mullins Heritage Centre
- The Centre was opened in the 1980s in order to preserve the rich heritage of the townland, by presenting an exhibition which interprets its varied history, and by displaying a collection of artifacts.
- Tullow Museum features a splendid collection of artefacts, war memorabilia, photographs, and shop items reflecting local history. Our many displays feature collections of local shop and industry items, photographs, genealogy records, and headstone inscription records.
For a list of County Carlow museums, go to List of museums in the Republic of Ireland in Wikipedia. Click on the arrow in the column heading labeled County to make the listing alphabetical by county name beginning with County Carlow.