Comerío, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Comerío family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
Comerio was founded on June 12, 1826 and was named after a local Taino (indigious people) Cacique (Chief). Settlers were mostly from Spain, who was the deciding governing body who designated the municipality.
Agriculture in Comerío has always been connected to tobacco and sugarcane.
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Comerío, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Comerío, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comer%C3%ADo,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/22/20.
- Wikipedia contributors, "nuestro puerto rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, http://nuestropuertorico.com/municipalities/en-comerio/, accessed 12/22/20.