Columbus Ohio South Family History Center
- 1 This center serves the Southeastern Greater Columbus Ohio area
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Family History Center reopens 16 June 2021 with reduces hours from pre-closure schedule.
- 3.1 Scheduled Closings 2021:
- 3.2 Appointments can be scheduled outside these hours by specific request.
- 3.3 Calendar and Events
- 3.4 Center Resources
- 3.5 Center Services
- 3.6 Resources in the Local Area
- 3.7 Links
- 3.8 Volunteer at the Center
This center serves the Southeastern Greater Columbus Ohio area[edit | edit source]
- 2135 Baldwin Rd Reynoldsburg OH 43068 United States
- We're half-way between the Reynoldsburg High School and the Baldwin Road Junior High School
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the Northwest side of the building, left of the satellite dish, and is handicapped accessible but does not have automatic doors. The FHC can also be accessed via Birchwood Dr N. (past the no outlet sign and directly into the parking lot)
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Family History Center reopens 16 June 2021 with reduces hours from pre-closure schedule.[edit | edit source]
- David Beck- 614-302-4440 (cell)
- Judy Beck - 614-598-1838 (cell)
Open Hours: (note reduced hours)
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Saturday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Scheduled Closings 2021:[edit | edit source]
General Conference Weekend: Saturday 3 April
Easter Weekend: Saturday 3 April
Independence Day: Saturday 3 July
Labor Day: Saturday 4 September
General Conference Weekend: Saturday 2 October
Thanksgiving: Wednesday 24 November - Saturday 27 November
Christmas and New Years - Wednesday 22 December - Saturday 1 January
Appointments can be scheduled outside these hours by specific request.[edit | edit source]
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Family Discovery Day: None scheduled for
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
No regularly schedule classes. Contact us for assistance.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Nothing scheduled at this time
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have several dozen books of local history and general genealogical references
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal: Starting 6/2/2021, the FHC Portal is not available for approximately 90 days
- When available, this center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have computers, microfiche and microfilm readers, a microfiche/microfilm printer, and a computer printer/copier. The copier is also able to scan and upload photos and document pages directly to FamilySearch.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Among our volunteer staff we have individuals with experience in British, German, and Norwegian genealogical research.
Not all our staff are on duty for all our hours. If you have a specific need, call ahead to coordinate.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
The Columbus Public Library Main Branch is an affiliate library and should have access to restricted films that cannot be accessed from home.
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)