Cold Ashby, Northamptonshire Genealogy
Guide to Cold Ashby, Northamptonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Cold Ashby, Northamptonshire|
|County||Northamptonshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Brixworth|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1710|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton|
|Location of Archive|
|Northamptonshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ASHBY, COLD (St. Denis), a parish, in the union of Brixworth, hundred of Guilsborough, S. division of the county of Northampton, 11½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Northampton. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Cold Ashby, Northamptonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC BTs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - (£)|
|AC PRs = Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|Cold Ashby, Northamptonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
- 1840-1894 England, Northamptonshire, Non-conformist Records, 1840-1894 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Northampton Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England,(1848). Adapted. Date accessed. 31 December 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 7 April 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 7 April 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 29 November 2014.