Cilrhedyn, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Cilrhedyn, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
History[edit | edit source]
KÎLRHEDYN (CÎL-RHEDYN), a parish, in the union of NEWCASTLE-EMLYN, partly in the hundred of ELVET, county of CARMARTHEN, and partly in that of KILGERRAN, county of PEMBROKE, SOUTH WALES, 5 miles (S.W.) from Newcastle-Emlyn. This place is situated on the Star road leading from Carmarthen to Cardigan. The parish, the greater part of which is in Carmarthenshire, is intersected by the small river Cych, which here forms the boundary line between the two counties. The river Pedran winds through the lands, which are in some places low and flat, and in others hilly, ornamented occasionally with oak and other timber. The church is situated in the county of Pembroke, and dedicated to St. Teilo. There are places of worship for Independents, Baptists, and Presbyterians. 
For more information on Cilrhedyn see Cilrhedyn at Genuki.
|County bef 1974||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1996 -||add here|
|Civ Reg District||add here|
|Reg Sub-district||add here|
|Probate Court||add here|
|Rural Deanery||add here|
|Poor Law Union||Newcastle in Emlyn|
Administration[edit | edit source]
|before 31 March 1974||Carmarthenshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Carmarthenshire|
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Union Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
- Cilrhedyn at Vision of Britain.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales Adapted. Date accessed: 14 January 2014.