Churchover, Warwickshire Genealogy
|County||Warwickshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Rugby|
|Parish registers: 1658|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Churchover (Holy Trinity), is a parish, in the union of Rugby, the hundred of Knightlow, Warwickshire. It is 4¼ miles N E from Rugby. The parish is bounded on the west by the river Swift, and on the east by the Roman Watling-street. The Independents have a place of worship.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Churchover, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|TGEN = The Genealogist - (£)|
|CHURCHOVER PARISH Online Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848. Adapted. Accessed November 20, 2013.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 26 August 2014.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 28 January 2021.