Chinique, Quiché, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of Chinique ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- After independence from Central America, Chinic - as well known at that time - was originally part of the department of Totonicapán / Huehuetenango.
- The department of Quiché was created on August 12, 1872, to which Chinique has belonged since then.
- The municipality of Chinique has a population of approximately 8,000 people. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1877-1935 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Civil Registration, 1877-1980 - in Ancestry ($)
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1841-1902 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of Chinique. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal, Chinique
- Cementerio Buena Vista I
- Cementerio La Puerta
- Cementerio Agua Tibia I
- Cementerio Las Vigas
- Cementerio El Tizatal
Localities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Chinique," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinique. Visited 31 August 2017.