Chatham, Columbia County, New York Genealogy
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- 1843-1873 - Thomas, Milton. Marriages of Columbia County Residents at the Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Chatham, Columbia County, New York 1843-1873. Chatham, N.Y., 1923. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- Quaker Records: Chatham Monthly Meeting & Hudson Monthly Meeting Columbia County, New York. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
History[edit | edit source]
Genealogical Resources: A brief history for Chatham, Columbia County, New York by Capt. Franklin Ellis, 1878.
Military[edit | edit source]
Genealogical Resources: A list of men from the Town of Chatham that served in the Civil War. This is based on the 1878 history by Captain Franklin Ellis.
Newspapers[edit | edit source]
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the largest online collection of 400 New York 1795-2007 newspapers. The instructions for this quirky site are needed to get the most out of it.
Old Fulton NY Post Cards has the following Chatham, Columbia County, New York Genealogy newspaper images:
- Chatham NY Courier 1867-1967
- Chatham NY Republican 1886-1898
Repositories[edit | edit source]
Archives, Libraries and Museums[edit | edit source]
Chatham Public Library
11 Woodbridge Ave
Chatham, NY 12037-1399
North Chatham Free Library
4287 Route 203
North Chatham, NY 12132-0907
Hudson Area Library
Genealogical Resources: Historical information of the city, county and state, city directories, High School yearbooks, historical periodicals, photographs. History Room
Shaker Museum and Library
Genealogical Resources: Collections: printed material, photographs, manuscripts.
Genealogical Resources: School Archives includes some attendance and enrollment records, and contracts.
Societies[edit | edit source]
North Chatham Historical Society
PO Box 243
North Chatham, NY 12132
Phone: (518) 766-3058
Riders Mills Historical Association
Attn: Robert G. Leary, President
P.O. Box 1
Malden Bridge, NY 12115
Red Rock Historical Society
Ginny Nightingale or Nancy Cuddihy
PO Box 50
East Chatham, NY 12060
Phone: 392-2286 or 392-6065
Columbia County Historical Society
c/o Columbia County Museum & Library
5 Albany Avenue
PO Box 311
Kinderhook, NY 12106
Town Clerk[edit | edit source]
Beth Anne Rippel, Clerk
488 State Route 295
Chatham, NY 12037
Town Historian[edit | edit source]
Claire Wheeler, Historian
PO Box 172
Old Chatham NY 12136
Town Records[edit | edit source]
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Chatham, Columbia County, New York Genealogy check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). Archive.org; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
Vital Records[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Places[edit | edit source]