Capital, Misiones, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Capital ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The history of Posadas dates back to March 25, 1615, when the Jesuit priest Roque González de Santa Cruz founded the Reduction of Our Lady of the Annunciation of Itapúa.
- In 1811, through the Treaty between the Assemblies of Asunción and Buenos Aires, a part of the current territory of Misiones (which is the current city of Posadas) was under Paraguayan tutelage, and in 1814 with the creation of the province of Corrientes by the Supreme Director Gervasio Antonio Posadas, was annexed to the political domain of this one.
- The heroic military action of Andrés Guaçurarí at the head of his Guarani and Gaucho brothers put an end to Paraguayan rule on the south coast of the Paraná River at the Battle of Candelaria in 1815.
- The department of Capital has a population of approximately 325,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1874-1975 - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Capital (Departamento), Misiones - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Argentina, National Census, 1895 - in Ancestry ($)
- Argentina National Census, 1895 - in MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Parroquia San Vladimiro de Posadas
- Cementerio La Piedad
Dirección: Almirante Brown, Posadas
- Cementerio El Portal
Dirección: Felix de Azara 2157, Posadas
- Cementerios Parque Tierra de Paz
Dirección: Av. Corrientes 1570, Posadas
- Cementerio Garupa
Dirección: Calle Weber, Garupa
- Cementerio de Fachinal
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Capital (Misiones)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Capital_(Misiones). Visited December 6, 2017.