Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825 - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: I found an extracted record showing that a person lived in Northumberland > Malbaie but when I look at the image, the waypoints shows Northumberland > Ile aux Coudres > Image 2 of 7. Is the location Malbaie or Ile aux Coudres?
Answer 1: The information on the extracted page is correct. To verify the correct location, look at the page number on the image. Page numbers 1982-1995 are from Malbaie; page numbers 1995-1997 are from Ile aux Coudres.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: Most of the Locality/Sub-districts in York contain the wrong locality. What are the correct localities?
Answer 2: The following list shows where the York Locality/Sub-districts records are located:
- Bonsecours contains records for Chatham
- Deux-Montagnes contains records for Ste. Scholastique and St. Eustache
- Deux-Montagnes (seigniory) contains records for Ste. Scholastique and St. Eustache
- Grenville contains records for Bonsecours
- Hardley (Eardley), Onslow contains records for Hull
- Hardley, Onslow contains records for Hull
- Hull contains records for Grenville
- Ile Bizard contains records for illegible
- Lac des Deux-Montagnes contains records for Ile Bizard
- Lac des Deux-Montagnes (mission) contains records for Ile Bizard
- Newton contains records for Rigaud
- Nouvelle Longueuil contains records for Vaudreuil
- Rigaud contains records for Nouvelle Longueuil
- Ste. Scholastique contains records for St. Benoit
- Vaudreuil (village) contains records for Soulanges
- Go to the Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825 - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the Canada, Lower Canada Census, 1825 collection at FamilySearch.org