Buxton, St Anne, Derbyshire Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Parish History[edit | edit source]

Buxton St Anne was an old parochial chapelry of Buxton, Derbyshire previously dedicated to St John the Evangelist. It became disused in 1812 with the building of St John the Baptist but was reconsecrated 1895 as a chapel of ease to the parish church. In 1957 it became a district church and was licensed for marriages.

Resources[edit | edit source]

Civil Registration[edit | edit source]

Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.

Church Records[edit | edit source]

To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.

Buxton St Anne was an old parochial chapelry of Buxton, Derbyshire previously dedicated to St John the Evangelist. It became disused in 1812 with the building of St John the Baptist but was reconsecrated 1895 as a chapel of ease to the parish church. In 1957 it became a district church and was licensed for marriages.

Derbyshire Record Office reference D1753


Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]

Census Records[edit | edit source]

Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]

Chapel en le Frith Poor Law Union, Derbyshire

Probate records
[edit | edit source]

Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Derbyshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.

Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]

Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.

Websites[edit | edit source]