Bushbury, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Bushbury, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||East Cuttlestone; North Seisdon|
|Poor Law Union||Penkridge|
|Parish registers: 1764|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662|
|Probate Court||Pre-1846 - Court of the Peculiar of Wolverhampton; Post-1845 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BUSHBURY, or Byshbury (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Penkridge, partly in the E. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, and partly in the N. division of that of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Wolverhampton. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Bushbury St Mary Ancient parish
Bushbury parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|WOLV = Wolverhampton History - free|
|BUSHBURY PARISH (1561) Online Records|
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1662-1908 Mar 1662- 1906 Bur 1662-1908
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts Bap 1662-1868 Mar 1662-1848 Bur 1662-1868 Missing 1858-1863 Bap/Bur
Bushbury The Good Shepherd (Low Hill) Mission church of this parish was built about 1928 Records remain with the incumbent.
Bushbury St James (Fordhouses) Mission and district church of this parish was built about 1868 and records remain with the incumbent.
Coven Heath Mission Church of this parish records remain with the incumbent.
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap none deposited Mar 1978-1983 Bur no burial ground.
Non-Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- Roman Catholic
- Wesleyan Methodist
Census records[edit | edit source]
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Bushbury, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Bushbury on GENUKI
Reference[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 452-460. Date accessed: 16 October 2012.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- 'Parish Register Indexes', The History of Wolverhampton: The City and Its People, accessed 20 August 2014.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8